There are 3 main parties involved in most medical air transports: Patients/Family, Case Managers and BestCare Air.
As a patient or family member preparing for air ambulance transfer, it is important that we work together to prepare the following information and items:
- Transfer Info: We will determine your date & time of travel and the name of destination and receiving physician or family member
- Identification: We need to secure patient’s Government issued ID or passport/travel documents (if traveling international)
- Medication: Let us know about all of the patient’s necessary prescriptions or over-the-counter medications.
- DNR: If applicable, please provide a Prepared Out-of-Hospital DNR form.
- Luggage: Please pack and prepare the patient’s luggage and traveling necessities.
Your Medical Case Manager will:
- Deliver all of your medical & physical history, list of medicine and necessary equipment to BestCare Air
- Help with filling your prescription medications
- Help with obtaining an Out-of-Hospital DNR (if applicable)
- Help with preparing the Memorandum of Transfer
BestCare Air will provide:
- Full medical ground & flight team will be arranged and coordinated with necessary medical equipment
- Bed-to-Bed coordination of ground & air ambulance transportation from origin to destination
- Coordination of your family members, case managers and hospital at origin & destination
- Help with filing your Insurance Claim with medical documentation
- Reimbursement for insurance payments (if applicable)